STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
DEPTFORD MEDICAL CENTRE, 2 PEARSON’S AVENUE, DEPTFORD, LONDON SE14 6TG
Privileged To Serve Our Community With A Professional, Friendly And Dedicated Service, To Improve The Health, Well-Being And Lives Of Those We Care For.
Deptford Medical Centre is a (GMS) Partnership; The Name And Address Of The Registered Providers Are:
Dr MOG SARDER & Dr Inthumathi KUMARENDRAN
Dr MOG Sarder (Male) MBBS, DTCD, DGM, DFFP. Qualified in 1967 Dhaka University and has served in the NHS over 40 years. He has lived and continues to serve the local community for over 25 years. Dr Sarder has retired from the Practice and is in the process of handing over the partnership to the new Partners.
Dr Inthumathi Kumarendran (Female) MBBS, MRCGP, DFFP, DRCOG. Qualified in 1993 University of Jaffna and has served in the NHS for over 15 years and has been a Partner in the Surgery for over 6 years and is the Caldicott Guardian
Other clinical staff:
Lystra Rampersad-Smith (Practice Nurse )
Sandra Brice (HCA)
Elilarasi Manoharan (Phlebotomist )
K Sivasoruban – Practice Manager / IG Lead
Nadia Deen – Reception Manager
Secretary – Priya Shanmuganathan
Receptionists – Shajeda Islam
Registration –Elilarasi Manoharan
Deptford Medical Centre is a well-established GP Surgery that was purpose built in 2004. We serve a vibrant multicultural and ethnically diverse population of Deptford, Greenwich, Lewisham, New Cross, Catford and Sydenham areas of South East London. Our list size is 2900 Patients.
The age breakdown of our whole population is as follows:
The registered activities and service types have been agreed by the partners and practice manager in accordance with CQC guidance.
The regulated activities under CQC Registration are:
- Diagnostic and Screening procedures
- Services For Every One
- Treatment of disease, disorder or injury
Our Aims and Objectives for delivering each of the above regulated activities:
- We Aim To Ensure High Quality, Safe And Effective Services And Environment
- To Provide Monitored, Audited And Continually Improving Healthcare Services
- To Provide Healthcare Which Is Available To A Whole Population And Create A Partnership Between Patient And Health Profession Which Ensures Mutual Respect, Holistic Care And Continuous Learning And Training.
- The Provision Of Accessible Healthcare Which Is Proactive To Healthcare Changes, Efficiency And Innovation And Development.
- To Improve Clinical Governance And Evidence Based Practice
- To Improve Clinical And Non-Clinical Risk Management
- To Reduce Risk In Specific Clinical Risk Areas And Facilities
- To Improve Vigilance For Unforeseen Emergencies
- To Optimise Performance Against Key Targets And Core Standards
- To Meet Key Targets
- To Become A Patient Centred Organisation
- To Safeguard Both Children And Vulnerable Adults, By Ensuring That All Staff Receive Appropriate Training
- To Improve Services Offered To Patients
- To Improve Communication Between The Surgery And The Patients
- To Recruit, Retain And Develop A Highly Motivated And Appropriately Skilled Workforce
- To Enhance Performance Of The Workforce
- To Guide The Employees In Accordance With The Equalities Scheme
- To Continue The Development Of The Practice
- To Ensure Effective Management And Governance Systems
- To Ensure A Robust Information Technology Strategy To Support The Business Of Deptford Medical Centre
The Services Provided By Deptford Medical Centre:
- Routine Medical Checks And General Medical Services
- NHS Relevant Prescriptions And Medications Or A Private Prescription
- Immunisations: Childhood Immunisations / Foreign Travel Immunisations & Advice
- Health Protection / Preventative Immunisations Eg. Influenza & Pneumococcal Immunisations, Childhood Immunisations
- Lifestyle Management / Weight Loss / Exercise And Smoking Cessation Advice – Advice and Support for Patients Who Want To Lose Weight And Maintain A Healthier Lifestyle.
- Respiratory Clinic – Managing COPD / Spirometry / Lung Function Testing
- Diabetic Clinic –To Provide Ongoing Care and Support For Our Diabetic Patients.
- Phlebotomy –Blood Tests Offered On Mornings Monday to Friday By Appointment
- Ear Syringing–Syringing is provided under the Supervision of the GP.
- Health Checks – HCA and Practice Nurse
- Wound Dressings – Practice Nurse is Trained In Wound Care
- Cervical Screening - Practices Nurse is Qualified To Carry Out Cervical Screening And Tests In The Form Of Cervical Smears.
Note To Our Patients:
Our Practice Ethos Is To Strive Towards A Partnership Between You The Patient And The Clinicians / Health Professionals Based On The Following:
We endeavour to treat you with dignity, respect and honesty. Everyone at Deptford Medical Centre is committed to deliver an excellent service. We encourage you to highlight any discrepancies and to offer the same commitment in return.
We treat patients and illnesses. This means that we are equally interested in the physical, psychological and social aspects of your individual care.
Continuity of Care
Building, nurturing and maintaining a strong relationship between doctors, health professionals, and patients has been a strong ethos of the practice. This is especially so in the management of ongoing problems or long-term illness. In these circumstances we would encourage you to continue seeing the same Doctor, Health care Assistant and Practice Nurse and wherever possible we will facilitate this through our appointments system.
However, if you have a new problem, and the doctor or nurse that you normally see is not available, or you would like to see someone else then we would encourage you to see any of the doctors or nurse at the practice.
Learning and Training
We believe in “life-long learning” and all the health professionals here and administrative staff, undergo an annual appraisal where the goals of the individual, teams and practice are discussed and agreement reached on the way forward. Regular reviews act as a way of reinforcing effective performance, highlight areas for improvement and recognise developing strengths
We also recognise the benefit of supported learning for our patients and families in enhancing your ability to manage and deal with both ‘self-limiting’ and long-term illnesses.
Patient Participation Group
We have a strong Patient Participation Group. This is a good opportunity for our patients to get involved in and to shape the service that meets local needs and to improve the service for the benefit of our patients.