If there is a medical emergency you should call 999 or
attend the local hospital Accident & Emergency Department.
- Appointments can be booked over the phone or online.
- If you wish to start booking appointments online and using other online services, you can create an account by clicking on the "Online Access" tab above or the link below. Once you have created your account, you can book one appointment at the practice. When you are next at the surgery, please bring in two forms of identification; one with a photograph (for example a driving licence or passport), and the other with your current address (for example a credit card or bank statement) so that we can complete your account sign up registration. You will then be able to benefit from all the functions of Patient Access. Please Note: utility bills will not be accepted as a form of identification. If you cannot provide evidence of your identity, please speak to one of our receptionists.
- If you already have a letter from the practice, you can register for the full online service straight away. Just follow the instructions when you click on the link below.
- The telephones are manned from 8.00am until 6.30pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, and from 8.30am until 7.30pm on Tuesdays.
- The practice is closed between 1.15pm and 2.00pm daily; however the telephones are manned during this time for non-medical and urgent medical enquiries.
- Please note: each appointment slot is 10 minutes long and is suitable for one problem at a time. If you have a complex issue to discuss or more than one problem, please book a double appointment at the time of calling.
Cancellations and Failure to Attend Booked Appointments
We appreciate that you may not be able to keep an appointment on occasion. However we do require you to give us as much advanced notice as possible so that we can offer the time to someone else. Thank you.
Same Day Appointments
A significant number of GP appointments are made on the same day. Please call 020 8692 0033 at 8am on weekdays or login to your Patient Access account to book one of these appointments.
You can book appointments to see our Practice Nurse or Healthcare Assistant in the same way or at short notice during the day subject to availability.
You can book appointments in advance with a GP, our Practice Nurse or Healthcare Assistant subject to availability. These consultations are suitable for non-urgent problems and reviews of conditions.
We also accommodate patients outside the normal clinic hours in an emergency and this is mainly between 9.00am and 9.30 am. These are NOT appointments and as such you may have to wait for a longer time. Therefore for these we encourage patients to call as early as possible.
If you would like to discuss a medical concern with a doctor over the telephone, please call reception. If appropriate the receptionist will add your name to the telephone consultation list and a GP will call you back when they become available. In order to respect patients' time-constraints and confidentiality, doctors will not take calls during appointments unless it is a life-threatening emergency. You will be informed if the GP you wish to speak to is not available that day and given the opportunity to speak to an alternative doctor. You will also be advised if a face-to-face appointment will be more appropriate for your concern.
If there is a medical emergency you should call 999 or attend the local hospital Accident & Emergency Department.
If you require a home visit, for example if you have mobility problems or are too ill to travel to the surgery, please telephone as early as possible for this to be arranged. A GP will speak to you beforehand to enquire about your needs. Please note during consultation hours immediate access to GPs is not available and the receptionist will take a message to be passed on to a doctor as soon as possible.